The original URSA Broadcast camera was released in 2018, and now Blackmagic innovates again with this beauty. Most people focus on Blackmagic’s other cameras, where are better suited to narrative film-making. But there are very few affordable broadcast camera’s so we’re very grateful Blackmagic continues to serve this market segment and make the technology more accessible.
If you wanted the Pocket 6K’s sensor in a broadcast friendly body with broadcast features, your wish has been granted.
- B4 mount installed and an EF mount includes (PL and F mount also available for purchase)
- 6K sensor
- 23.10mm x 12.99mm sensor (possibly the same sensor as from the Pocket 6K Pro)
- -12dB (100 ISO) up to +36dB (25,600 ISO) gain
- Dual ISO sensor (400 and 3200)
- Build in ND and IR filters
- 12G-SDI connections
- XLR audio inputs
- USB-C (including the ability to record to external SSD drives)
- Two CFast 2.0 and two SD/UHS-II slots
- H.264, H.265, ProRes, and Blackmagic RAW
- New Blackmagic URSA Studio Viewfinder G2 (7-inch, bright display) also released